The Vienna Doctoral Program on Complex Quantum Systems (CoQuS) is a training center for more than 40 students who are selected from an international pool of applicants, based on their academic excellence, scientific success and ambition.
Research in CoQuS covers experimental and theoretical quantum physics:
- Investigations of the foundations of quantum physics
- Photonic quantum information processing
- Quantum communication and quantum computing
- Ultra-cold atoms and Bose-Einstein condensation
- Solid state quantum optics
- Interferometry with clusters and molecules
- Theory of highly correlated quantum systems
- Micromechanical quantum physics
- Cooling schemes for clusters and nanomirrors
- Cavity QED on microwave transmission lines
- Quantum physics with vacancies in nanodiamonds
- Atoms and molecules close to ultrathin fibers
The FWF funded doctoral program CoQuS is jointly hosted and co-financed by the University of Vienna and the Vienna University of Technology.